All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA catalogue inspired by the tradition of Latin American literature and authors such as Jorge Amado, Jorge Luis Borges, Pablo Neruda, Gabriel Garcia Marquez. The unique storytelling tradition which characterizes Latin American literature has influenced many contemporary artists around the world. Within this context, it is interesting to investigate the work of contemporary artists from around the world who are inspired t only by these authors, but by literature and poetry in general, as seen in works that are typically highly narrative. Naturally, there is a strong emphasis on artists from Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Colombia such as Vik Muniz and Ernesto Neto from Brazil, Monika Bravo from Colombia, but the catalogue is t limited to Latin American artists - see for example Ryan Brown and Tracey Snelling from US, William Kentridge from South Africa and the literary sources of inspiration also extend to other parts of the world. The works featured are t literal interpretations of these authors works, but all allude in some way to literature and poetry. The cross between text and image, poetry and poetic subject matter creates a strong thread that ties the works together.
- Author BiographySelene Wendt is the director of the Stenersen Museum. She is an art historian, curator, and writers, and has organized a number of international exhibitions.
- Author(s)Ernesto Neto,Selene Wendt
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.