All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionParents these days are under a great deal of pressure to be perfect. From psychologists to social scientists, journalists to weekend bloggers, everyone has an opinion about the do's and don'ts for raising healthy, well-adjusted--and let's t forget, polite--children in today's fast-paced world. Where does this leave parents? Too often, lacking in confidence, ill equipped, and overwhelmed. Parenting expert Vicki Hoefle makes the bold claim that it's time for parents to get off the perfection path and get back to the real job of parenting: to grow a grown-up. In this -nsense parenting guide, Hoefle draws upon twenty-five years of experience with helping parents see the big picture and sidestep what she calls the detail drama that too often trumps everyday life with our kids. Parents learn more than just strategies; they learn a methodology that allows them to help their toddlers build a strong foundation for success in adulthood. In her trademark, tell-it-like-it-is style, Hoefle tells parents to trust their intuition and develop an intentional strategy for meeting each child's unique needs. Above all, The Straight Talk on Parenting offers the confidence-boosting reminder that parenting is about practice (and a healthy dose of humor), t perfection.
- Author BiographyVicki Hoefle is a professional parent educator, author, parent coach, and national speaker with over twenty years of experience teaching parents, educators, and caregivers how to raise respectful, responsible, and resilient children. Hoefle combines her expertise in Adlerian psychology and as an International Coaching Federation certified coach to bring parents sustainable and proactive parenting strategies that provide time-tested tools for harvesting a happy and peaceful family life. Hoefle is also the author of Duct Tape Parenting: A Less is More Approach to Raising Respectful, Responsible and Resilient Children (Bibliomotion, 2012.) Her informative and highly engaging presentation style keeps her in demand as a speaker, facilitator and educator. Hoefle is a mother of six and lives in Middlebury, Vermont.
- Author(s)Vicki Hoefle
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBrookline
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBibliomotion, Incorporated
- Weight322 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.