Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe Strait of Gibraltar is the unique and narrow connection between the Mediterranean basin and the open Atlantic Ocean. One of the main features of this place is the strong topographic constriction that happens both in the horizontal and vertical dimension in conjunction with the presence of a two-layered counter-current circulation and strong inequalities of the tidal range at both sides. These differences in tidal amplitude induce intense barotropic and baroclinic currents which interact with the sharp sea-bottom topography in the main sill of the Strait to create internal waves in the Atlantic-Mediterranean Interface (AMI). This book presents a comprehensive review of the most recent findings, along with some directions for future research necessary to enhance our kwledge of the tidal influence on the inter-basin biogeochemical budget.
- Author(s)C. M. Garcia,D. Macias,F. Echevarria,M. Bruno
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight142 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.