All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE DEFINITIVE WORK OF AMERICAN TRUE CRIME FROM AMERICA'S BEST TRUE-CRIME WRITER <i>(Kirkus Reviews)</i> Utterly unique in its astonishing intimacy, as jarringly frightening as when it first appeared, Ann Rule's <i>The Stranger Beside Me</i> defies our expectation that we would surely kw if a monster lived among us, worked alongside of us, appeared as one of us. With a slow chill that intensifies with each heart-pounding page, Rule describes her dawning awareness that Ted Bundy, her sensitive coworker on a crisis hotline, was one of the most prolific serial killers in America. He would confess to killing at least thirty-six young women from coast to coast, and was eventually executed for three of those cases. Drawing from their correspondence that endured until shortly before Bundy's death, and striking a seamless balance between her deeply personal perspective and her role as a crime reporter on the hunt for a savage serial killer -- the brilliant and charismatic Bundy, the man she thought she knew -- Rule changed the course of true-crime literature with this unforgettable chronicle.
- Author(s)Ann Rule
- PublisherAtria Books
- Date of Publication30/12/2008
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria Books
- Out-of-print date08/05/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width107 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine37 mm
Most relevant reviews
- cdh1131_rm5gopf...10 Nov, 2016by
Unlike journalistic writing which often has good content made boring, Ann Rule's writing makes the crime story endlessly interesting.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.