All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
About this product
- DescriptionThe setting is London in 1851, the year of the Great Exhibition. Together with a Welsh police inspector the successful Swedish authoress Euthanasia Bondeson goes in search of her beautiful companion, who has disappeared in the narrow streets and alleyways of London. She meets beggars and whores, artists and society beauties, all actors on the modern city's stage in a drama of dark, shadows and ever changing desires. In this world where gender boundaries are constantly shifting, can we even tell who is a man and who is a woman? With skirts flapping Euthanasia forges her way through this romp of a crime vel, surveying the streets which Sherlock Holmes himself will t tread until a whole generation later.
- Author BiographyCarina Burman, Ph.D, Assistant Professor at Uppsala University, has written extensively on 18th and 19th century literature and has made a name for herself as a skilful writer of pastiche reflecting the language and atmosphere of days gone by. In 2001, she published a biography of Fredrika Bremer (Bremer: En Biografi), but she is also a well-known novelist and The Streets of Babylon is her fifth novel.
- Author(s)Carina Burman
- PublisherMarion Boyars Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2008
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMarion Boyars Publishers Ltd
- Weight268 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated bySarah Death
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.