All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStress is very much part of life in the 21st century, and has overtaken the common cold as the major reason for taking time off work. But while we cant avoid life's pressures, we can influence the degree to which they affect us, and how we react. This book will show you how. It examines why we become stressed, how the stress response is unique to each of us and why stress, particularly when combined with fatigue, can create a vicious circle that has serious implications for our long-term health. So, what's the answer? As you'll discover, there is single solution; instead the authors suggest a unique blend of practical solutions that include: * Uncovering your stress triggers and stress response * Learning how to reframe negative beliefs * Effective time management that includes relaxation and fun * Becoming more resilient by tuning up your stress hormones * Utilising the power of sleep and exercise * Beating the sugar and stimulant trap * Fuel-up to feel good - discover the key nutrients for energy and resilience With a section on quick fixes to feel better w, as well as guidance on putting together a long-term action plan, The Stress Cure will empower you to take back control and live a healthier, more balanced life.
- Author BiographyPatrick Holford BSc, DipION, FBANT, CNHCRP is a leading spokesman on nutrition in the media and is the founder of the Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London (Europe's leading training centre for nutritional therapists). He is the author of over 30 health books, translated into over 20 languages. Patrick is CEO of the Food for the Brain Foundation and director of the Brain Bio Centre, the foundation's treatment centre. He is also an honorary fellow of the British Association of Nutritional Therapy and a member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council. Susannah Lawson DipION, FBANT, CNHCRP is a practising nutritional therapist, health journalist and author. She specialises in combining nutritional approaches with stress counselling. Her previous books include Optimum Nutrition Before, During and After Pregnancy, which she co-wrote with Patrick Holford.
- Author(s)Patrick Holford,Susannah Lawson
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.