Consider these sponsored items
- AU $20.87Was:AU $33.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStress is, unfortunately, a natural part of life-especially in our busy and hectic modern times. But you don't have to let it get in the way of your health and happiness. Studies show that the key to coping with stress is simpler than you think- it's all about how you respond to the situations and things that stress you out or threaten to overwhelm you. The Stress-Proof Brain offers powerful, comprehensive tools based in mindfulness, neuroscience, and positive psychology to help you put a stop to unhealthy responses to stress-such as avoidance, tunnel vision, negative thinking, self-criticism, fixed mindset, and fear. Instead, you'll discover unique exercises that provide a recipe for resilience, empowering you to master your emotional responses, overcome negative thinking, and create a more tolerant, stress-proof brain. This book will help you develop an original and effective program for mastering your emotional brain's response to stress by harnessing the power of neuroplasticity. By creating a more stress tolerant, resilient brain, you'll learn to shrug off the small stuff, deal with the big stuff, and live a happier, healthier life.
- Author BiographyMelanie Greenberg, PhD, is a practicing psychologist in Marin County, CA, and an expert on managing stress, health, and relationships using proven techniques from neuroscience, mindfulness and cognitive-behavior therapy. With more than twenty years of experience as a professor, writer, researcher, and clinician, she has delivered workshops and talks to national and international audiences. She writes the Mindful Self-Express blog for Psychology Today and is a popular media expert who has been quoted on www.cnn.com, www.forbes.com, BBC Radio, and ABC News, as well as in Self, Redbook, Men's Health, and The Huffington Post.
- Author(s)Melanie Greenberg
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight362 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.