CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
The Structure of the Lexicon: Incorporating a Cognitive Approach in the Tcm Lexicon, with Applications to Lexicography, Terminology and Translation by Marcel Thelen (Paperback, 2011)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Marcel Thelen combines the syntax-based structuring principles and the resulting lexicon according to TCM (Two-Cycle Model of Grammar) with the more contemporary cognitive interpretation of the lexicon and mental structures of Cognitive Grammar as developed by Langacker. He discusses issues such as nature/types and applies his insights to the ontological status of concepts, the nature of conceptual structure and polysemy, as well as to other disciplines such as Lexicography, Termilogy and Translation. <br>The modified TCM model that emerges is then compared with Cognitive Grammar on the points of centrality of syntax vs. iconicity, generation of structures vs. inventory of ready-made structures, and transformations vs. links. The conclusion is that these form the most difficult obstacles to remove for further reconciliation.
- Author BiographyMARCEL THELEN is a senior lecturer of terminology and translation and head of the School of Translation and Interpreting of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences in Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Marcel Thelen
- PublisherAcademia Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintAcademia Press
- Content Note131 illus.
- Weight748 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.