All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Student s Guide to Becoming a Midwife is essential reading for all student midwives. Now updated to include the latest 2012 NMC Midwifery Rules and Standards and a brand new chapter on the midwife and public health, this comprehensive resource provides a wide range of need-to-kw information for student midwives, including: * Effective communication and documentation * Confidentiality * Interdisciplinary working * The fundamentals of antenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care * Assessment and examination of the new-born baby * Medicines * Public health * Clinical decision-making * Evidence-based practice With case studies, words of wisdom from current midwives and a range of activities and self-test questions throughout making it easy to learn and understand key concepts The Student s Guide to Becoming a Midwife is the ideal companion for students throughout their course.
- Author BiographyIan Peate is Visiting Professor University of West London, London, UK, and Editor in Chief of the British Journal of Nursing. Cathy Hamilton is a Midwifery Lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, UK, and a Supervisor of Midwives.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/01/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight854 g
- Width185 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byCathy Hamilton,Ian Peate
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.