All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStyle Your Modern Vintage Home is an inspirational book for all vintage enthusiasts. It encompasses everything vintage lovers want in one place: every vintage decade, every practical tip for buying, styling and restoring your vintage homewares and achieving your perfectly styled vintage home. With 'real' homes, 'real' people and 'real' affordable items, this book shows you how you can achieve a stylish vintage/modern home too. Vintage enthusiasts can see how these must-have items or styles work in their own home and how to integrate vintage with modern. Each chapter covers a decade from the 1920s to the 1990s. Every chapter introduces the fascinating social history from that period and how what was going on in the world influenced the interior homes of that time. The chapters are divided by sub-sections for the main rooms in the house, including, living room, bedroom, kitchen, study, hall and even the garden, showing the must-have items from for those rooms in each period. There are practical styling tips, restoration and cleaning tips, and useful watch out advice for buying vintage pieces. Although chapters are separated by decade, some styles from different eras may be used alongside each other and so there are useful cross references to other chapters. The final section of the book includes a useful and accessible treasurebox directory with the best vintage traders, both in the UK and US, as well as further reading should you wish to learn more about the topics covered in this book. Beautiful lifestyle photography of all of the must-have vintage pieces and real homes make this a fun, stylish and contemporary interior design book, but also a fascinating read to understand the history behind the pieces in our homes, that all vintage enthusiasts will want to use time and again when decorating their homes. There is a Foreword by UK singer and actress, Paloma Faith, a vintage style icon both in the UK and US.
- Author BiographyWith an 18-year career in retail design and visual merchandising, Kate Beavis is a successful online retailer of collectible homewares, furnishings and clothing. She manages her website 'Your Vintage Life' full-time with her partner. Kate's website has featured as website of the month in Period Living 2011, with regular press in Homes and Antiques and Homes and Gardens. Kate is a regular blogger about vintage homes, fashion and lifestyle. Kate writes regular articles for Vintage Life magazine, one of the largest vintage magazines in the UK, selling both in the UK and internationally, in main retailers on the high streets, as well as subscriptions. Your Vintage Life won 'Best Online Homewares Retailer' at the National Vintage Awards 2013.
- Author(s)Kate Beavis
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byPaloma Faith
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.