All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Sugar Fix, Dr. Richard Johnson, who oversees a pioneering research program, reports on discoveries about how fructose impacts the body and directly connects the American obesity epidemic to a frightening escalation in our fructose consumption. It comes as surprise that the sugar is found in processed foods like candy, baked goods, canned foods, and frozen meals in the form of high-fructose corn syrup, but it is also hidden in less obvious foods like peanut butter, egg products, and soups. Many fruits and vegetables contain high levels of it naturally. Dr. Johnson shows how to cut way back on the sweetener by making effective substitutions. The daily meal plans included here contain more than 25 grams of fructose, one-quarter of the amount the average American w ingests. Rather than the low-carb approach of so many recent diets, Dr. Johnson recommends a much easier to enjoy and stick to formula: 50% carbs, 25% fat, and 25% protein. The immediate benefit of this diet is to help anyone shed excess weight. The additional benefits are even more impressive reduced risk for such serious health problems as high blood pressure, elevated blood fats, and insulin resistance, conditions directly linked to heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, and stroke.
- Author BiographyRICHARD JOHNSON, MD, has been a practicing physician and clinical scientist for over a quarter of a century. Previously chief of nephrology and director of renal transplantation at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Dr. Johnson is now chief of nephrology, hypertension, and transplantation at the University of Florida in Gainesville.
- Author(s)Richard J Johnson
- PublisherRodale Press
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationEmmaus, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width162 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.