All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>In this thrilling science fiction adventure the triumphant conclusion to the Tipping Point trilogy <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author Alan Dean Foster returns to a near future in which genetic manipulation and extreme body modification have changed profoundly what it means to be human.</b> Dr. Ingrid Seastrom was once a respected American physician. Whispr, whose body has been transformed to preternatural thinness, was once a streetwise thief. Now, in a world on the edge of catastrophe from centuries of environmental exploitation, they are allies thrust together by fate to unravel an impossible mystery even as they are stalked by a relentless killer. Ingrid and Whispr are hunted fugitives bound together by a thread: a data-storage thread made of a material that cant exist, yet somehow does. Their quest to learn its secrets and, in Whispr s case, sell them to the highest bidder has brought them to South Africa s treacherous Namib desert. Beyond its dangers waits a heavily guarded research facility that promises answers, if they can survive long eugh to get there. But that won t be easy, t with Napun Mole on their trail. They ve already escaped the assassin twice, and as far as Mole is concerned, finishing them off isn t just a job anymore . . . it s personal.
- Author Biography<b>Alan Dean Foster</b> has written in a variety of genres, including hard science fiction, fantasy, horror, detective, Western, historical, and contemporary fiction. He is the author of the <i>New York Times</i> bestseller <i>Star Wars: The Approaching Storm</i> and the popular Pip & Flinx novels; two earlier novels in the Tipping Point trilogy, <i>The Human Blend </i>and <i>Body, Inc.;</i> and novelizations of several films including <i>Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Star Wars, </i>the first three<i> Alien</i> films, and <i>Alien Nation</i>. His novel <i>Cyber Way</i> won the Southwest Book Award for Fiction in 1990, the first science fiction work ever to do so. Foster and his wife, JoAnn Oxley, live in Prescott, Arizona, in a house built of brick that was salvaged from an early-twentieth-century miners brothel. He is currently at work on several new novels and media projects.
- Author(s)Alan Dean Foster
- PublisherDel Rey Books
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDel Rey Books
- Weight227 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.