All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionNineteen year old Davey finds himself drunk, beaten and alone. He is rescued by the oddly-assorted inhabitants of an abandoned and beautiful house in the West Country, whose only condition for letting him join them is that he ask them questions. Nearly forty years ago in that same house, burned-out rock star Jack Laker writes a ground-breaking comeback album, and abandons the girl who saved his life to embark on a doomed and passionate romance with a young actress. Set on his own destructive path, alcohol fuelled parties lead to deceit, debauchery and even murder. As Davey and his fellow housemate Priss try to reconstruct the pieces of the past and uncover the secrets of the house's inhabitants, both past and present, it becomes clear that the five strangers have all been drawn there by the events of that long-ago summer.
- Author BiographyCassandra Parkin grew up in Hull, and now lives in East Yorkshire. Her short story collection, New World Fairy Tales (Salt Publishing, 2011), won the 2011 Scott Prize for Short Stories. Her work has been published in numerous magazines and anthologies. The Summer We All Ran Away was her debut novel.
- Author(s)Cassandra Parkin
- PublisherLegend Press Ltd
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLegend Press Ltd
- Weight276 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.