Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionHow does a young American girl, who kws thing about classical music and whose musical role models are rock and roll idols, transform herself into the most famous female opera singer of the Baby Boom generation? In The Summer of the Rosenkavalier, follow the career of Anna Trent, from her choir singing, garage band days in 1960's Kansas to the present day opera stages of Europe. It is a summer of crisis for Anna. Besides performance anxiety, she has much to fear and worry about - her fiftieth birthday, aging, health problems - real and imaginary, the loss of her desirability (imaginary), difficult colleagues (real), a neglected daughter, a devious au pair and the two men in her life - her philandering Svengali like English conductor husband and a younger American conductor - her lover and her first extramarital affair. The vel follows the humorous escapades of the Trent entourage during the summer months, as opera fans turn themselves into modern pilgrims and worship at their favorite shrines, the European music festivals, where Anna performs. Throughout her career Anna has learned from the characters she has portrayed, models of either how to behave, or more likely, how t to behave. This summer, she will have lessons to learn from them.
- Author(s)Carole Kulikowski
- Date of Publication18/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.