All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRay Atlee, a Professor of Law at the University of Virginia, is forty-three and newly single. His father, a very sick old man who lives the life of a recluse in the ancestral home in Clanton, Mississippi, was once a beloved and powerful official who towered over local law and politics for many years. With the end in sight, Judge Atlee issues a summons to Ray to return home to Clanton, to discuss the details of the family estate. Ray reluctantly heads south, but the family meeting does t take place. The Judge dies too soon, and in doing so leaves behind a shocking secret which Ray believes only he kws. Until it becomes clear that someone else kws too...
- Author BiographyJohn Grisham is the author of twenty-two novels, one work of non-fiction, a collection of short stories, and a novel for young readers. He is on the Board of Directors of the Innocence Project in New York and is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Mississippi Innocence Project at the University of Mississippi School of Law. He lives in Virgina and Mississippi. His website is www.johngrisham.co.uk.
- Author(s)John Grisham
- Date of Publication28/09/2002
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight210 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- gumbootsgirl5702 Feb, 2013by
A great short read for legal mystery fans.
An intriguing story of two brothers, one a college professor & the other a substance abuser in & out of rehab many times. When one brother finds the corpse of their sick father, a retired Judge, along with more than 3 million dolllars in unexplainable cash, he attempts to discreetly discover the source of the money. The book is set in the southern states of the USA, with familiar Grisham identities and places making appearances, and incorporating the usual legal references as the framework of the mystery to be resolved. The scenario also explores human weakness and the associated "seven deadly sins". If you enjoy a good mystery, then this book has it all, while Grisham fans will feel an affinity with the cast & subject matter, like keeping up with old friends.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85