Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.81Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.10Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would it take to convince you that the woods you just left is a hundred and forty-four years distant from the one you entered? Ten years have passed since the Civil War broke up John Bartley's family. Living with his aunt and uncle in the tiny village of Greendale, Vermont, isn't filled with excitement for a seventeen-year-old. Until John walks into the woods one day and stumbles into 2009... Fortunately, he chances upon the outspoken Tess McKinn. To earn her trust, he must first convince her that he is neither a lunatic r a liar. The proof he needs is buried at the end of a mountain road, where the ruins of Greendale lie just beneath a layer of dead leaves and moss. What became of his home? Why is there record of its existence?
- Author BiographyWhile a past resident of Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Florida, New York, and Vermont, Rodney now resides in Richmond, Indiana, where he whiles away his days pecking at a laptop, riding his ten-speed up the Cardinal Greenway, taking long walks with his daughter, or backpacking and wilderness camping. His list of past occupations reads like his list of past residences, though his life-long ambition was to be an artist until he discovered a latent affinity for writing. In art, Rodney says, I was constantly being asked to explain images constructed from a palette of emotions and ideas, which usually required complex narratives to convey their meaning, if there even was a meaning. In writing, the words are creating the images, images are telling a story, the story is evoking feelings. I like it. There's nothing to explain. Rodney's interests include: art, science, politics, whiskey and chocolate, music (collecting vinyl records), gardening, and travel.
- Author(s)Rodney Jones
- Date of Publication29/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.