All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $89.13Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the National Book Award minee and author of the acclaimed, New York Times bestselling A Short History of Women, a deeply moving, lyrical, omius, and unexpectedly funny (Tom Perrotta, author of The Leftovers) vel that follows a cast of characters as they negotiate one of Manhattan's swiftly changing neighborhoods, extreme weather, and the unease of twenty-first-century life. Marie and Simone, friends for decades, were once immigrants to the city, survivors of World War II in Europe. Now widows living alone in Chelsea, they remain robust, engaged, and adventurous, even as the vistas from their past interrupt their present. Helen is an art historian who takes a painting class with Marie and Simone. Sid Morris, their instructor, presides over a dusty studio in a tenement slated for condo conversion; he awakes the interest of both Simone and Marie. Elizabeth is Marie's upstairs tenant, a woman convinced that others have a secret way of being, a confidence and certainty she lacks. She is increasingly unmoored--baffled by her teenage son, her husband, and the roles she is meant to play. In a chorus of voices, Kate Walbert, a wickedly smart, gorgeous writer (The New York Times Book Review), explores the growing disconnect between the world of action her characters inhabit and the longings, desires, and doubts they experience. Interweaving long narrative foottes, Walbert paints portraits of marriage, of friendship, and of love in its many facets, always limning the inner life, the place of deepest yearning and anxiety. The Sunken Cathedral is a stunningly beautiful, profoundly wise vel about the way we live w.
- Author(s)Kate Walbert
- PublisherScribner Book Company
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScribner Book Company
- Weight408 g
- Width157 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.