All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharles Dickens wrote a number of supernatural and horror stories, some of which were included in his longer works, while others were published in magazines. This collection gathers them together in one volume, providing an invaluable insight into the author's storytelling apprenticeship and his steady growth towards excellence. As well as offering a further dimension to the world of his better-kwn masterpieces, these tales - from A Madman's Manuscript to The Story of the Goblins Who Stole a Sexton to the celebrated The Signalman - illustrate Dicken's well-kwn love of a spooky story told around a blazing fire, the pastime of a bygone age to be rediscovered for our own delight.
- Author BiographyA literary phenomenon in his lifetime and renowned as much for his journalism and public speaking as for his novels, Charles Dickens now ranks as the most important Victorian writer and one of the most influential and popular authors in the English language. His memorable and vividly rendered characters and his combination of humour, trenchant satire and compassion have left an indelible mark on our collective imagination.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherOneworld Classics Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Classics Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.