All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionDisappointment is a feeling everyone kws well failed relationships, buyer s remorse, unmet expectations, and so on. In a broken world, disappointment surrounds us.But Christians kw that Jesus will never disappoint us, right? Wrong. John Koessler explains how Jesus disappoints everyone. He never fails, but he does disappoint.We come to Jesus with false expectations, demanding or expecting things he doesn t promise, and then when he doesn t deliver, we are disappointed by Him. But Koessler explains how this can be the best thing for us even though it doesn t feel good. He describes how this sort of disappointment takes our wrong expectations and sets them straight, bringing us closer to Jesus and into a deeper understanding of his very surprising grace.This book is a wonderful resource for people struggling with life s hard times as well as for counselors or pastors seeking to help others.
- Author BiographyJOHN KOESSLER serves as chair of the Pastoral Studies department in the undergraduate school of the Moody Bible Institute where he has served on the faculty since 1994. Prior to joining the Moody faculty, John served as pastor of Valley Chapel in Green Valley, IL for nine years. He is an award winning author who has written thirteen books and numerous magazine articles. He writes the monthly Thelogy Matters column for Today in the Word and is a frequent workshop leader at the Moody Pastor's Conference. John is married to Jane and they have two adult sons. They live in Munster, IN.
- Author(s)John M Koessler
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date20/03/2014
- Weight209 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byJohn Ortberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.