All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionKids with LD can learn--they just learn differently. Young people labeled with a learning disability or learning disorder will find a welcome resource in this fully revised and updated survival guide. The book retains the warmth, affirmation, and straightforward approach of earlier editions while incorporating current information about why some kids have LD and what supports are available, including new techlogies. It defines different kinds of LD, describes a range of learning aids, helps kids deal with bullying and difficult feelings, suggests ways to make friends, and inspires young people to set goals for the future. Readers will find quizzes, think-about-it questions, stories, and quotes from other kids with LD. A special section discusses how IEPs and 504 Plans help kids with learning difficulties succeed in school. Includes a chapter written to parents and teachers along with resources for kids and adults.
- Author BiographyRhoda Cummings, Ed.D., is professor emeritus in the Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology at the University of Nevada, Reno. She has over thirty years' experience teaching undergraduate and graduate students about students with learning disabilities. The author of numerous articles and books for parents and young people, Rhoda is also the mother of a grown son with LD. She lives and writes on the Oregon coast.
- Author(s)Rhoda Cummings
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementRevised & Updated Ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.