All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe Swallow Anthology of New American Poets gathers the work of thirty-five of the most compelling and talented new poets writing today. Groundbreaking anthologies of this kind come along once in a generation and, in time, define that generation. The Swallow Anthology identifies a group of poets who have recently begun to make an important mark on contemporary poetry, and their accomplishment and influence will only grow with time. The poets of The Swallow Anthology do t constitute a school or movement; rather they are a group of unique artists working at the top of their craft. As editor David Yezzi writes in his introduction, \u201cHere is a group of poets who have, perhaps for the first time since the modernist revolution, returned to a happy d\u00e9tente between warring camps. This is a new kind of poet, who, dissatisfied with the climate of extremes, has found a balance between invation and received form, the terror beneath the classical and the order underpinning the romantic. This new unified sensibility is watered-down admixture, easy compromise, but, rather, the vital spirit behind the most accomplished poetry being written by America\u2019s new poets.\u201d Poets include: Craig Arld, David Barber, Rick Barot, Priscilla Becker, Geoffrey Brock, Dan Brown, Peter Campion, Bill Coyle, Morri Creech, Erica Dawson, Ben Downing, Andrew Feld, John Foy, Jason Gray, George Green, Joseph Harrison, Ernest Hilbert, Adam Kirsch, Joanie Mackowski, Eric McHenry, Molly McQuade, Joshua Mehigan, Wilmer Mills, Joe Osterhaus, J. Allyn Rosser, A. E. Stallings, Pimone Triplett, Catherine Tufariello, Deborah Warren, Rachel Wetzsteon, Greg Williamson, Christian Wiman, Mark Wunderlich, David Yezzi, and C. Dale Young.
- Author BiographyDavid Yezzi 's books of poetry are Azores, Sad Is Eros, and The Hidden Model. His libretto for a chamber opera by David Conte, Firebird Motel, received its world premiere in 2003 and was released on CD by Arsis in 2007. His poems and criticism have appeared in the Atlantic Monthly, New York Times Book Review,Wall Street Journal,New Republic, The Best American Poetry 2006, and elsewhere. He is executive editor of the New Criterion.
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwallow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDavid Yezzi
- Foreword byJ. D. McClatchy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.