The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious--And Perplexing--City by David Lebovitz (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b><i>NEW YORK TIMES</i> BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF <i>MY PARIS KITCHEN</b>Like so many others, David Lebovitz dreamed about living in Paris ever since he first visited the city in the 1980s. Finally, after a nearly two-decade career as a pastry chef and cookbook author, he moved to Paris to start a new life. Having crammed all his worldly belongings into three suitcases, he arrived, hopes high, at his new apartment in the lively Bastille neighborhood. But he soon discovered it's a different world <i>en France</i>. From learning the ironclad rules of social conduct to the mysteries of men's footwear, from shopkeepers who work so hard t to sell you anything to the etiquette of working the right way around the cheese plate, here is David's story of how he came to fall in love with and even understand this glorious, yet sometimes maddening, city. When did he realize he had morphed into <i>un vrai parisien</i>? It might have been when he found himself considering a purchase of men's dress socks with cartoon characters on them. Or perhaps the time he went to a bank with 135 euros in hand to make a 134-euro payment, was told the bank had change that day, and thought it was completely rmal. Or when he found himself dressing up to take out the garbage because he had come to accept that in Paris appearances and image mean everything. The more than fifty original recipes, for dishes both savory and sweet, such as Pork Loin with Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze, Braised Turkey in Beaujolais Nouveau with Prunes, Bacon and Bleu Cheese Cake, Chocolate-Coconut Marshmallows, Chocolate Spice Bread, Lemon-Glazed Madeleines, and Mocha Creme Fraiche Cake, will have readers running to the kitchen once they stop laughing. <i>The Sweet Life in Paris</i> is a deliciously funny, offbeat, and irreverent look at the city of lights, cheese, chocolate, and other confections.
- Author Biography<b>DAVID LEBOVITZ</b> lived in San Francisco for twenty years before moving to Paris. He baked at several notable restaurants before starting his career as a cookbook author and food writer. He's the author of five highly regarded books on desserts, and most recently the cookbook, <i>My Paris Kitchen</i> and has written for many major food magazines, sharing his well-tested recipes written with a soupcon of humor. His popular, award-winning blog, www.davidlebovitz.com, entertains readers from around the world with sweet and savory recipes as he tries to unravel the complexities of living in Paris.
- Author(s)David Lebovitz
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width135 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.