All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe question of order inspired two of the greatest political thinkers of the Renaissance - Niccolo Machiavelli and Francesco Guicciardini. This authoritative translation links their major works on the nature of government. Political adversaries but netheless friends, Machiavelli and Guicciardini both looked to the past to understand the present. Machiavelli examined Roman history in order to identify its underlying political principles while Guicciardini tended to look at the motives of the people who shaped history. Reflecting on ancient Rome, both thinkers refined their conceptions of government with an eye to the political turmoil of their own city of Florence.Based on the definitive Italian editions and including extensive explanatory tes, The Sweetness of Power articulates a conflict that resonates throughout the history of western political thought.
- Author BiographyJames B. Atkinson and David Sices have translated many works, including Machiavelli and His Friends: Their Personal Correspondence.
- Author(s)Francesco Guicciardini,Niccolo Machiavelli
- PublisherNorthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2007
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationDekalb, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthern Illinois University Press
- Weight676 g
- Width161 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byJames B. Atkinson,David Sices
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.