All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe afteron sun was high and the heat of it felt good. The onday meal had been finished and everyone was just a little sleepy when Izel heard one of her handmaids scream in terror. Izel looked instinctively at her guard and watched in horror as a dozen blonde barbarian giants fell upon the men. The Captain of the guard was already dead, his head almost severed from his body and his red blood staining the sand in a gruesome tableau that made a mockery of the beauty of this place. She watched in horror as these monsters killed each man for they took just a moment to strip the bodies of weapons and loot. And, w they were turning to the women. She stood as the realization and terror gripped her and started to run but saw that it was useless. These monsters had obviously come from cover of the sand dunes and w there were half a dozen shallow long boats coming up on the beach out of the surf. Each of the boats was disgorging more of the giants. Then she saw the strategy. They had waited for the highest point of the tide to bring their boats over the reefs for the attack but the killers were t giving chase. They had killed the guard and spread themselves out along the perimeter as a blocking force. The murderers from the sea seemed to be following a tall one with red hair and he was headed directly to her location. She and her women, the realization hit her that they were the prize and they were being hunted; , they were being herded into a trap. The kwledge startled her and angered her at the same time. She and her ladies were about to be taken as booty. In a blinding flash of the situation she wondered if she would spend the rest of her days as a slave, never seeing her husband or her child again, in some far away land. Aenar was pleased that these women had spirit and in fact the one in the center seemed to be almost defiant. This might prove to be an even better day than he had imagined. His men closed on the group of half a dozen women with surprising speed and as the one in the middle started to speak, a quick solid blow to the head quieted her protests. The raiding party made quick work of it and half a dozen of his warriors each threw a woman across his shoulders and loaded them back into the boats. As the men from shore joined them they pushed off the shore and set out back around the far edge of the cove that had helped block their advance into this once peaceful little beach. The only witnesses to survive the whole scene was one of the youngest of the soldiers, Kalen, who had slipped away with one of the handmaids, Mextli. The two of them were exploring each other's bodies when the attack started. They had hidden between the far dunes and watched in horror as their mistress had been led away to be a captive and they had felt the desperation as the fair skinned, yellow haired giants just sailed away. The young couple was in shock at the horror of the blood on the sand in this place that had been so incent and pristine and peaceful half an hour ago.
- Author BiographyMitch Bouchette brings a wealth of background and experience from his travels throughout Europe, Africa, Latin America and South West Asia. He is a linguist and has an insatiable curiosity; so it is not surprising that he has a lifetime study of people and places and weaves his observations into the background of his work. He is a self-described closet academic with a track record of serious publications in the international relations arena. His current work capitalizes on this background to present a story of people connected by events across a couple of thousand years and a couple of thousand miles.
- Author(s)Mitchell Bouchette
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.