All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.82
- AU $13.30Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe winner of the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, as well as six other awards, <i>The Sympathizer</i> is the breakthrough vel of the year. With the pace and suspense of a thriller and prose that has been compared to Graham Greene and Saul Bellow, <i>The Sympathizer</i> is a sweeping epic of love and betrayal. The narrator, a communist double agent, is a man of two minds, a half-French, half-Vietnamese army captain who arranges to come to America after the Fall of Saigon, and while building a new life with other Vietnamese refugees in Los Angeles is secretly reporting back to his communist superiors in Vietnam. <i>The Sympathizer</i> is a blistering exploration of identity and America, a gripping espionage vel, and a powerful story of love and friendship.
- Author Biography<b>Viet Thanh Nguyen</b> was born in Vietnam and raised in America. He is the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of the academic books <i>Race and Resistance</i> and <i>Nothing Ever Dies</i>. He is a cultural critic-at-large for the <i>Los Angeles Times</i> and teaches English and American Studies and Ethnicity at the University of Southern California. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Associate Professor of English and American Studies and Ethnicity Viet Thanh Nguyen
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight454 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.