All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDutch is a West-Germanic language closely related to English and German, but its special properties have long aroused interest and debate among students of syntax. This is an informative guide to the syntax of Dutch, offering an extensive survey of both the phemena of Dutch syntax and their theoretical analyses over the years. In particular the book discusses those aspects of Dutch syntax that have played an important role in the development of syntactic theory in recent decades. Presupposing only a basic kwledge of syntax and complete with an extensive bibliography, this survey will be an important tool for students and linguists of all theoretical persuasions, and for anyone working in Germanic linguistics, linguistic typology and linguistic theory.
- Author BiographyJan-Wouter Zwart is Professor of Theoretical Linguistics at the University of Groningen. He studied Latin and Ancient Greek at the University of Nijmegen and linguistics at Groningen, where he defended his award-winning dissertation 'Dutch Syntax: A Minimalist Approach' in 1993. Professor Zwart was a visiting scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1991 and a visiting professor at the University of Geneva in 2002. His research and teaching centres around theoretical syntax, including also linguistic typology, historical linguistics, dialectology and Germanic linguistics. He is the author of Morphosyntax of Verb Movement (1996) and the editor of Groninger Arbeiten zur Germanistischen Linguistik.
- Author(s)Jan-Wouter Zwart
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- Series TitleCambridge Syntax Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus. 12 tables
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.