All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionClear and well-organised, this textbook is an introduction to Spanish syntax, which assumes prior kwledge of current theory. Beginning with a descriptive overview of the major characteristics of the grammar, it goes on to describe facts about Spanish, such as its word order, tions of 'subject', 'direct object', 'auxiliary verb' and so on. The book combines traditional grammatical description with perspectives gained from recent research in the Principles and Parameters framework. It also presents useful theoretical tions such as semantic roles, Case, and Predication. Accessibly written, the book gives just eugh background so as to allow the reader to understand the lines of investigation that have been pursued in accounting for such issues as clause structure and constituent order. It will be of use to students who are interested in grammar, Spanish, or in some of the basic results of modern, formal linguistic theory.
- Author BiographyKaren Zagona is Associate Professor of Linguistics and adjunct Associate Professor of Spanish at the University of Washington. She is author of Verb Phrase Syntax: A Parametric Study of English and Spanish (1988), editor of Grammatical Theory and Romance Languages (1995), and co-editor, with Ivonne Bordelois and Heles Contreras, of Generative Studies in Spanish Syntax (1986).
- Author(s)Karen Zagona
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/12/2001
- Series TitleCambridge Syntax Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Series Edited byJ. Bresnan,D. Lightfoot,I. Roberts,N.V. Smith,N. Vincent
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.