All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Polish composer Karol Szymawski is one of the most fascinating musical figures of the early twentieth century. His works included four symphonies, two violin concertos, the operas Hagith and King Roger, the ballet-pantomime Harnasie, the oratorio Stabat Mater, as well as numerous pia, violin, vocal and choral compositions. The profile and popularity of Szymawski's music outside Poland has never been higher and continues to grow. The Szymawski Companion constitutes the most significant and comprehensive reference source to the composer in English. Edited by two of the leading scholars in the field, Paul Cadrin and Stephen Downes, the collection consists of over 50 contributions from an international array of contributors, including recognized Polish experts. The Companion thus provides a systematic, authoritative and up-to-date compilation of information concerning the composer's life, thought and works.
- Author BiographyA retired professor from Universite Laval in Quebec, Canada, Paul Cadrin's interest in the music of Szymanowski dates from the time of his doctoral dissertation in 1982. A steady stream of research and publications on that topic has since followed. He was awarded the Karol Szymanowski Memorial Medal in 1998. Stephen Downes is Professor of Music at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. He is the author of two monographs on Szymanowski and books on music and eroticism, modernism and decadence, the influence of Mahler, and the music of Hans Werner Henze. He was awarded the Wilk Prize for Research in Polish Music by the University of Southern California and is a recipient of the Karol Szymanowski Memorial Medal.
- Author(s)Stephen Downes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 26 music examples and 48 contributed essays
- Weight762 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDr. Paul Cadrin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.