Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionBetween the time of the settling of Jamestown and the Trail of Tears in the 1830's, thousands of American Indians were induced to cede their lands to European settlers and move westward. This book, with the aid of maps and pictures, relies primarily on the words of those involved to provide1an historical accounting of the forced relocations. Presidential policies are examined, as well as the various ways in which the Indians attempted to maintain their cultural identity during these upheavals. Cultural and community splits within the Creek, Cherokee and Semile nations are also explored in detail.
- Author Biography<b>David W. Miller</b> is a retired naval officer, Department of Justice attorney and federal administrative law judge. The author of three other books, he lives in Springfield, Virginia.
- Author(s)David W. Miller
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication23/02/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight399 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.