All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- Description<b>The Tale of Murasaki</b> is an elegant and brilliantly authentic historical vel by the author of <b>Geisha</b> and the only Westerner ever to have become a geisha. In the eleventh century Murasaki Shikibu wrote the world s first vel, <b>The Tale of Genji</b>, the most popular work in the history of Japanese literature. In <b>The Tale of Murasaki</b><i>, </i>Liza Dalby has created a breathtaking fictionalized narrative of the life of this timeless poet a lonely girl who becomes such a compelling storyteller that she is invited to regale the empress with her tales. <b>The Tale of Murasaki</b><i></i>is the story of an enchanting time and an exotic place. Whether writing about mystical rice fields in the rainy mountains or the politics and intrigue of the royal court, Dalby breathes astonishing life into ancient Japan.
- Author BiographyAuthor of<b><i></i>Geisha and Kimono</b><i></i>and the only Westerner ever to have become a geisha, Liza Dalby is a consultant for Steven Spielberg s upcoming film adaptation of <b>Memoirs of a Geisha</b><i>. </i>She lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Liza Dalby
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.