CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry. Stitching together a post-apocalyptic history from the scraps of fairy tales, war memorials, hunting songs, and disparate scholarship, Jessica Bozek's THE TALES traces the violence that humans inflict upon one ather. As the central narrative of the Lone Survivor becomes revealed through the mouths of various perspectives, Bozek investigates the language that victims and perpetrators alike use to make sense of (and attempt to forget) the aftermath of violence. From ordinary objects family photographs, sweaters that unravel, old batteries, and lightbulbs to the remnants of destroyed art and architecture, an annihilated nation is brought into reality, and the Lone Survivor's story is simultaneously documented and invalidated, becoming a memorial that will disintegrate over time, gray and fray as most of the dead did t have a chance to.
- Author(s)Jessica Bozek
- PublisherLes Figues Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLes Figues Press
- Out-of-print date11/10/2016
- Weight113 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.