All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionAs the ever-changing skylines of cities all over the world show, tall buildings are an increasingly important solution to accommodating growth more sustainably in today's urban areas. Whether it is residential, a workplace or mixed use, the tower is both a statement of intent and the defining image for the new global city. The Tall Buildings Reference Book addresses all the issues of building tall, from the procurement stage through the design and construction process to new techlogies and the building's contribution to the urban habitat. A case study section highlights the latest, the most invative, the greenest and the most inspirational tall buildings being constructed today. A team of over fifty experts in all aspects of building tall have contributed to the making of the Tall Buildings Reference Book, creating an unparalleled source of information and inspiration for architects, engineers and developers.
- Author BiographyDave Parker was Technical Editor of New Civil Engineer magazine for 12 years before leaving in May 2006 to become a freelance author and journalist. His interests include microgeneration and structural safety, and he successfully campaigned for the setting-up of the CROSS confidential reporting scheme in the UK. Antony Wood is Executive Director of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat and an Associate Professor at the Illinois Institute of Technology College of Architecture. His field of specialism is the sustainable design of tall buildings. His PhD explored the multi-disciplinary aspects of skybridge connections between tall buildings.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note400 colour illustrations
- Weight2063 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAntony Wood,David Parker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.