Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tao Te Ching by Lao Tse Mini Edition is a traditional collection of verses used by ancient Chinese philosophers to convey the teachings of Taoism to their students over 2500 years ago. It will bring you close to original Taoism and help you bring Taoist inspiration into your daily life. If you have read other English versions and puzzled over their convoluted wording, you will welcome the transparency of this volume, which is written in easily understood, modern language. The Tao Te Ching has influenced Chinese thought for 25 centuries and inspired Eastern philosophies and religions including Zen Buddhism. Its recurring theme is the attainment of Tao, a mental awakening and clarity equivalent to epiphany, satori, prajna, and spiritual enlightenment. If you are interested in the rich heritage of Taoism, Eastern philosophy, comparative religion, spiritual growth, meditation, Chinese history, and Oriental culture, you will reap the wealth contained in the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tse. This is an exciting journey of understanding and enlightenment. Let's begin it together, w! The Mini Edition is a small, pocket-sized version of the original Tao Te Ching by Lao Tse. It is perfect to take with you so that you can enjoy Taoist wisdom. And if the Mini Edition peaks your interest, read the full edition of the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tse. In addition to the contents of the Mini Edition, it contains contains guidelines to understanding the verses, a psychological explanation of spiritual enlightenment, and instructions for Taoist meditation. You will find the words of ancient and modern teachers to deepen your understanding and a compilation of resources to further your own study of Taoism.
- Author BiographyWes Burgess, M.D., Ph.D. trained at Stanford University and taught at Stanford University, UCLA, and the University of California, Davis. He is the author of The Gateless Gate of Zen, Calm Your Mind, Be Enlightened! A Guidebook to the Tao Te Ching & Taoist Meditation, and numerous books on modern mental health. He won the Purdue Literary Award, the Mead Johnson Award for Excellence in Writing, and the Southern California Psychiatric Association Award for his publications, and he has appeared on National Public Radio, television, and in films.
- Author(s)Wes Burgess MD Phd
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.