All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe real secrets to winning the game of chess - and the game of life Chess mastery has been recognized since ancient times as an unparalleled way to learn political strategy, but until w book has explored the life lessons chess teaches and how they can transform lives. In The Tao of Chess, the author seamlessly blends the wisdom of a time-houred spiritual quest for truth with 200 principles that will improve anyone's chess game. By following the author's principles, readers t only come to enjoy the game more, they develop a habit of seeking underlying truth - whether in a chess game or a real-life situation. The Tao of Chess is full of conscise advice, such as: * Understanding is more important than memory* Fortune favors the brave* When you see a good move, wait and look for a better move* Mistakes tend to come in bunches* Trust your intuition; it's usually right Authoritative and easy to follow, this book will turn every reader into a master strategist.
- Author BiographyPeter Kurdorfer is the former editor of Chess Life magazine and has been a chess master since the early 1980s.
- Author(s)Peter Kurzdorfer
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication12/07/2004
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight196 g
- Width133 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.