All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.06Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe most exciting thing about anthropology is that it enables the student to become acquainted with people of different cultures. The Tapestry of Culture provides the student with the basic concepts necessary to understand these different cultures while showing that cultural variations occur within certain limits. Though the forces of globalization have caused cultures of the world around us to become increasingly similar, the book shows that people nevertheless cling to ethnic identities, and their cultural distinctiveness.
- Author BiographyAbraham Rosman is Professor Emeritus of Anthropology at Barnard College, Columbia University. Paula G. Rubel is Professor Emerita of Anthropology at Barnard College, Columbia University. Maxine K. Weisgrau is associate adjunct professor of Anthropology at Barnard College, Columbia University.
- Author(s)Abraham Rosman,Maxine Weisgrau,Paula G. Rubel
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/05/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width194 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.