All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnother sumptuous cookbook from Pete Gawron's Saffron restaurant in Arrowtown. In 2007 Pete Gawron's first cookbook, Saffron: Food from the Central Otago Heartland, wowed readers and was quickly reprinted. Its dazzling combination of stunning recipes and magnificent photos of the Arrowtown district conjured up the spirit of Central Otago. The award-wining Saffron, in quaint, historic Arrowtown, is a known worldwide for its fabulous food and wine. Now, in this second book, Pete Gawron shows how he transforms local produce (often foraging himself for fungi, fruit, berries and more) into utterly delicious, artfully presented dishes. With over 75 recipes and magical images by Aaron McLean, this is a book to treasure, and a great celebration of this wonderful part of New Zealand.
- Author BiographyPete Gawron trained as a chef in Australia and has worked in many of Australia's leading restaurants. He and his wife Mel came to Central Otago in the early 1990s and opened Saffron in 1996. Since then the restaurant has gone on to win many awards and to garner great reviews. Pete and Mel live in an historic cottage in Arrowtown and also own the town's pizza joint, Pesto, and its fabulous little bar, The Blue Door.
- Author(s)Peter Gawron
- PublisherRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2012
- Content Notecolour photographs
- Weight1840 g
- Width211 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Photographs byAaron McLean
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.99
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.08
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.76
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $33.79
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $35.85
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $35.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.