Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionBeautiful Lily Beaumont and her husband Jack are owners of a genuine Victorian tavern, situated on one of Belfast's few remaining narrow cobbled streets. It's a favourite among the locals who love the quiet atmosphere, good beer and simple food. Then one day, Dublin-based developer Vincent Halloran arrives with big plans for Maple Street. The other traders are keen to sell up and retire, but Jack and Lily aren't ready to call 'time, please' on their beloved tavern. Instead Lily hires four pretty barmaids to bring in the customers. Enter pint-sized, man-eater Bridget, lazy art-student Daisy, neurotic Trudy and painfully shy Marie. And if the stakes for Lily and Jack weren't already high eugh, there's a secret about the Maple Street tavern that has yet to be discovered. A secret that will redefine the meaning of love, friendship, and family in the most surprising ways ...
- Author BiographySharon Owens was born in Omagh in 1968. She moved to Belfast in 1988, to study illustration at the Art College. She married husband Dermot in 1992 and they have one daughter, Alice. Her previous novels, The Teahouse on Mulberry Street and The Ballroom on Magnolia Street, are both published by Penguin.
- Author(s)Sharon Owens
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/10/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight258 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.