All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a young girl named Kikko realizes her father has forgotten the pie he was supposed to bring to Grandma's house, she offers to try and catch him as he makes his way through the woods. She hurriedly follows her father's footprints in the sw and happens upon a large house she has never seen before. Curious, Kikko peers through the window, when she is startled by a small lamb wearing a coat and carrying a purse. Even more surprising, the lamb speaks, asking her in a kind voice, ?Are you here for the tea party Suddenly, Kikko realizes her trip through the woods has turned into something magical. Award-winning author and illustrator Akiko Miyakoshi has beautifully crafted an original fairy tale picture book that will delight and enchant. The unique visual presentation features mostly black-and-white art with the occasional use of red or yellow to help guide readers through the pages. Kikko's blend of courage and reticence along with her inquisitive nature makes her a character children will relate to, and the many unexpected twists and turns of her adventure keep the intrigue growing. The ambiguous ending --- in which it is t clear whether Kikko imagined the tea party or if the animals simply disappeared back into the woods --- provides a terrific opportunity for children to weigh in on what they think happened. This book also could launch classroom conversations about children's own experiences of being trusted with big responsibilities.
- Author BiographyAkiko Miyakoshi was born in Saitama, on the island of Honshu in Japan. She began creating picture books while studying visual communication design at Musashino Art University. Her first picture book, The Storm, won the Nissan Children's Storybook and Picture Book Grand Prix.Akiko Miyakoshi was born in Saitama, on the island of Honshu in Japan. She began creating picture books while studying visual communication design at Musashino Art University. Her first picture book, The Storm, won the Nissan Children's Storybook and Picture Book Grand Prix.
- Author(s)Akiko Miyakoshi
- PublisherKids Can Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKids Can Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width213 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Akiko Miyakoshi
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.