Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe Teaching Roadmap is designed for college and secondary educators who are looking for support as they begin their teaching careers. While one of the main foci of this book is preparing new instructors for the demands of teaching, the authors outline some of the main theories on learning styles, contemporary trends in education, and a variety of teaching methodologies. Beyond the mechanics of the teaching-learning process, this book emphasizes preparation (e.g., creating syllabi, developing lesson plans, and where to look for assistance). Throughout the book, common pitfalls in all areas of teaching are addressed, and recommendations for resolving problems are offered. Considering the investment in time that it takes to research, this book has been designed to be a user-friendly and concise outline of the most important themes that confront new teachers. Each chapter includes easily accessible information on how to quickly access to a variety of outside resources. Finally, the web site support center offers immediate access to multiple templates, activities, and other resources to save you time!
- Author BiographyNora Haenn is associate professor of anthropology and international studies at North Carolina State University. Eric Johnson is assistant professor of bilingual/ESL education at Washington State University, Tri-Cities. Mary Grace Buckwalter is an educator at Carl Sandburg Middle School in Levittown, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Eric Johnson,Mary Grace Buckwalter,Nora Haenn
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/06/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.