All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn the world of theatre, the technical director is responsible for overseeing the safe and efficient realization and implementation of scenery for the stage. The Technical Director's Toolkit is the first book to address every nut and bolt of this multifaceted job, guiding you though the step-by-step processes of technical direction and the responsibilities of the TD in the mounting of a theatrical production. Leadership, management, relationship building, personal responsibility, and problem solving are addressed, showing you t only how to become a more efficient and effective TD, but also how to be a collaborative member of a production team that artists will seek to work with again and again. The book also addresses scene shop design, facility repair and maintenance, and finishes with a brief overview of other areas of technical theatre that help round out the far reaching skill set of a successful TD.
- Author BiographyZachary Stribling received his BFA in Technical Theatre from the University of Evansville and a Masters of Fine Arts in Technical Production from Florida State University. Working professionally in theatre for more than twenty-two years and teaching at the university level for thirteen years, he has served as Technical Director for the Utah Shakespeare Festival, Faculty Technical Director at the University of Central Florida, and Visiting Assistant Professor of Technical Production at the Florida State University. Zak is currently a Lecturer and Faculty Technical Director at the University of Kentucky. Richard Girtain holds a BA in Theatre with a Minor in Religious Studies from the University of Tennessee and a Masters of Fine Arts in Technical Production from Florida State University. He has served as Technical Director at several nationally and internationally recognized theaters throughout the country, including the Guthrie Theater, Utah Shakespeare Festival, and FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training. Richard is currently the Technical Director for the Juilliard School at Lincoln Center.
- Author(s)Richard Girtain,Zachary Stribling
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/12/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleThe Focal Press Toolkit Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note46 black & white halftones
- Weight436 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.