All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tectonics of Structural Systems provides an architectural approach to the theory of structural systems. The book combines: * structural recommendations to follow during the architectural design of various structural systems and * the tectonic treatment of structural recommendations in architecture. Written expressly for students, the book makes structures understandable and useful, providing: * practical and useful kwledge about structures * a design based approach to the subject of structures and * a bridge in the gap between structures and the theory of design. Good architectural examples for each structural system are given in order to demonstrate that tectonics can be achieved by applying technical kwledge about structures. Over 300 illustrations visually unpack the topics being explained, making the book ideal for the visual learner.
- Author BiographyYonca Hurol is a Professor at the Department of Architecture, Eastern Mediterranean University, North Cyprus. She has been teaching structure to students of architecture for more than 30 years. She worked at the Middle East Technical University and Gazi University, Turkey. She has published many articles in the areas of her research interest: structures in architecture, earthquake architecture, ethics and architecture.
- Author(s)Yonca Hurol
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note38 black & white tables, 316 black & white line drawings
- Weight798 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.