All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA ghost story of the most unusual kind, <i>The Telling</i> is a thrilling and sometimes chilling tale about two women, separated by almost two centuries, grappling with change and loss. After her mother dies, Rachel sets off alone to pack up and sell off the remnants of her family s isolated country house. But from the moment she steps through the front door, she feels that the house contains more than she had expected. Generations earlier, a young housemaid, Lizzy, called the same dwelling home. On course for a life of service different from her mother and her mother s mother before her, Lizzy s world is upended by the arrival of a mysterious lodger. Interweaving the two narratives, Jo Baker best-selling author of <i>Longbourn</i> brings these women, both struggling against their stations and their duties, vividly to life.
- Author BiographyJo Baker was born in Lancashire and educated at Oxford University and Queen s University Belfast. She is the author of <i>Longbourn, </i><i>The Undertow, </i>and of two earlier novels: <i>Offcomer</i> and <i>The Mermaid s Child. </i>She lives in Lancaster, England.
- Author(s)Jo Baker
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.12Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.