All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe bard's final play, containing his mature reflections on life, concerns Prospero, a philosophical old magician, and Miranda, his lovely daughter, who dwell in peaceful isolation on an enchanted island. When a shipwreck brings old enemies to shore, the stage is set for a masterly drama of comedy, romance, and reconciliation.
- Author BiographyHe was not of an age, but for all time, declared Ben Jonson of his contemporary William Shakespeare (1564 1616). Jonson's praise is especially prescient, since at the turn of the 17th century Shakespeare was but one of many popular London playwrights and none of his dramas were printed in his lifetime. The reason so many of his works survive is because two of his actor friends, with the assistance of Jonson, assembled and published the First Folio edition of 1623.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleDover Thrift Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight68 g
- Width132 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.