All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tempest is one of Shakespeare's most popular plays, both in the classroom and in the theatre, and this revision brings the Arden 3 edition right up-to-date. A completely new section of the introduction discusses new thinking about Shakespeare's sources for the play and examines his treatment of colonial themes, as well as covering key productions since this edition was first published in 1999. Most importantly it looks at Julie Taymor's ground-breaking 2010 film starring Helen Mirren as Prospera. Alden and Virginia Vaughan's edition of The Tempest is much valued for its authority and originality and their revision brings it up-to-date, making it even more relevant and useful to students and theatre practitioners.
- Author BiographyAlden T. Vaughan is an Affiliate Professor at Clark University, USA and a Professor Emeritus at Columbia University, USA. He is co-editor of the Arden Third Series edition of The Tempest. William Shakespeare (1564-1616) was an English dramatist, poet, and actor, generally regarded as the greatest playwright of all time.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/06/2011
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleArden Shakespeare
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArden Shakespeare
- Content Note20 in text black & white
- Weight440 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAlden T. Vaughan,Prof. Virginia Mason Vaughan
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.