All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new volume from the New American Commentary Studies in Bible & Theology series, Mark Rooker discusses one by one the language of each of the Ten Commandments and its complete meaning in the ancient context. Adding a depth of understanding that can't be obtained by looking only at the commandment itself, he shows how each commandment echoes elsewhere in the Old Testament, how it was violated in Israel's history, and how it surfaces again in the New Testament. In conclusion, Rooker includes an extended section on the theological significance of each commandment and its contemporary implications.
- Author BiographyMark Rooker is professor of Old Testament and Hebrew at SoutheasternBaptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, North Carolina. He holdsdegrees from Rice University (B.A.), Dallas Theological Seminary (Th.M.), and Brandeis University (M.A., Ph.D.) and did additional studies at TheHebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Mark Rooker
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication28/06/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleNew American Commentary Studies in Bible & Theology
- Series Part/Volume Number07
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Out-of-print date20/03/2014
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.