The Ten Commandments for Effective Standards: Practical Insights for Creating Technical Standards by Karen Bartleson (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionTechnical standards play an important role in business as well as everyday life. They provide opportunities for market growth and competition. They enable interoperability. They make customers happier. They bring order out of chaos. Existing technical standards are being updated constantly, and new ones are being produced in increasingly greater numbers. But do you kw what it takes to create an effective standard? The 'Ten Commandments for Effective Standards, ' written by computer chip industry veteran Karen Bartleson and illustrated by corporate cartoonist Rick Jamison, will t only provide you with ideas for creating better standards, it will also provide you with a newfound understanding of standards and their importance, respect for the standardization process, and ways you can leverage others' industry expertise to help you succeed in creating more effective technical standards. Based upon twenty years of experience in the area of standards for electronic design automation and ideas drawn from other industry experts, the 'The Ten Commandments for Effective Standards' provides you with a list of procedural imperatives about what works and what doesn't work when developing effective technical standards. This book will teach you how applying Bartleson's commandments to day-to-day standards activities can help make your resulting standards more effective and easier to adopt. From the Golden Rule of effective standards -- cooperate on standards, compete on products -- which points to the essence of standardization, to the tenth commandment -- kw that standards have technical and business aspects -- which declares the importance of a standard's commercial implications, this book will provide you with a foundation for preparing for and performing in the technical standards arena. Whether you are already involved in the process of creating technical standards or are interested in learning more about it, Bartleson's 'Ten Commandments for Effective Standards' is standard reading for anyone pursuing kwledge, excellence, and success in the field of technical standards.
- Author(s)Karen Bartleson
- PublisherSynopsys Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSynopsys Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight179 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.