All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the mysterious and beautiful young widow Helen Graham becomes the new tenant at Wildfell Hall rumours immediately begin to swirl around her. As her neighbour Gilbert Markham comes to discover, Helen has painful secrets buried in her past that even his love for her cant easily overcome.
- Author BiographyAnne Bronte was born at Thornton in Bradford on 17 January 1820. Her father was curate of Haworth, Yorkshire, and her mother died when she was a baby, leaving five daughters and one son. Anne was the youngest of the Bronte children. In 1824 Charlotte, Maria, Elizabeth and Emily were sent to Cowan Bridge, a school for clergymen's daughters, where Maria and Elizabeth both caught tuberculosis and died. The children were taught at home from this point on and together they created vivid fantasy worlds which they explored in their writing. Anne worked as a governess between 1840 and 1845 and in 1846, along with Charlotte and Emily, published Poems by Currer, Ellis and Acton Bell. After this Anne published Agnes Grey (1847) and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (1848) before her death on 28 May 1849.
- Author(s)Anne Bronte
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage Classics Bronte Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight431 g
- Width129 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine37 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.