All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $15.91
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionMake the everyday gorgeous by turning functional items into objects of beauty. By using textiles to cover, quilt or otherwise enhance everyday items, the author shows you how to create works of art that will bring you pleasure every time you use them, from marking your place with a baroque bookmark to heading out on a shopping spree with a glorious handbag. The author simplifies the intricacies of dyeing fabrics so you can create your own colour ranges for individual looks, while beading techniques to give a unique range of individual trims are also explained. The projects - ranging from tissue box covers to luxurious shawls - are lavishly illustrated and carefully explained in detailed, step-by-step instructions and accompanying diagrams. Whether you are a vice with a sewing machine or a dedicated craftsperson, you'll soon be seduced by the rewards of textile art and enjoying your own opulent creations.
- Author BiographySusan Cooper is a well-known textile artist and tutor who lives just north of Sydney, Australia. She has taught textiles at TAFE and has had numerous articles published in craft and patchwork magazines. Susan is a member of NCETA (Newcastle Creative Embroiderers and Textile Artists) and Facets, a group of five well-known textile artists who exhibit annually.
- Author(s)Susan Cooper
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Content Note267, 27 colour illustrations
- Weight878 g
- Width218 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.