All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe world of the Bible is a textual world. Its composition and intertextuality are what make it a representation of reality. To understand biblical world making, it is important to understand how biblical books are made and read. The Textual World of the Bible explores the patterns of figuration in biblical composition and the way in which these patterns are read within the Bible (inner-biblical exegesis). This book is an excellent choice for courses in biblical theology and hermeneutics.
- Author BiographyMichael B. Shepherd received his PhD in Old Testament studies from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is Assistant Professor of Old Testament and Hebrew at Louisiana College and the Caskey School of Divinity and holder of the John & Allie Fogleman Professorship in Religion. His previous works include The Verbal System of Biblical Aramaic: A Distributional Approach (Lang, 2008), Daniel in the Context of the Hebrew Bible (Lang, 2009), and The Twelve Prophets in the New Testament (Lang, 2011).
- Author(s)Michael B. Shepherd
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number156
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.