All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to all of the plays of Martin Crimp. For a decade, Martin Crimp has been in the vanguard of new writing for the British stage. His main stage plays include Dealing with Clair, The Treatment, Attempts on Her Life, The Country, and Cruel and Tender, with his 1997 masterpiece, Attempts on Her Life, arguably being one of the best plays of the past quarter century. By the author of the landmark study of contemporary British drama, In-Yer-Face Theatre, this is the first study of Martin Crimp's work for stage and radio. Arguing that Crimp is one of the most acute satirists of contemporary British society, Aleks Sierz provides an accessible and fascinating account of the playwright's work. As well as an account of each of Crimp's plays and an analysis of his oeuvre, the volume includes a wide-ranging interview with Crimp himself and interviews with all the key directors responsible for staging his work, including Sam Walters, Katie Mitchell, James Mcdonald and Lindsay Posner.
- Author BiographyAleks Sierz is the theatre critic of Tribune and a freelance theatre reviewer. He is a lecturer in modern British theatre whose seminal study, In-Yer-Face Theatre, defined a new generation of writers and their work and went on to become a best-selling title.
- Author(s)Aleks Sierz
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/10/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCritical Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight360 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.